font-family: "Bookman Old Style", serif;

Time is Ticking


1 semester. 18 weeks. 126 days. 3,024 hours. 181,440 minutes. Though it may seem like a lot, there is no doubt in my mind that it will pass by within a blink of an eye. It blows me away to think that I am halfway through my senior year of high school. With only one more semester left, I am caught between the struggle of simply cruising by and slacking off or giving my all and ending on a strong note. Though it may take some occasionally reminders, I feel that if I do not keep pushing through till the end, I will not have that sense of satisfaction and content that I long for. In regards to ISM particularly, I want to have a final product that truly captures everything that I have learned in my two year journey through pediatric neurosurgery. But, I also want it to be something that will leave a legacy within the ISM program. After quite a bit of contemplation, I realized that my passion lies for medical missions and I wish to incorporate this into my final product in some way. I have begun my reaching out to various medical mission organizations all across the US, asking for research interviews. In some ways, it feels as if I am starting the process all over again but in another way, it feels as if I am pursuing what I am truly passionate about and so in that sense, I am really excited. I have just a short time left before the school ends but I am determined to give my all in everything and make the best of what is yet to come.

Sarah