font-family: "Bookman Old Style", serif;

Ready...Set...

To say this past week has been stressful would be slightly euphemistic. As Research Showcase is coming up in a matter of a few days, it has been quite busy. Between making sure that everything is aligned correctly on our board to checking to verify that the fonts and sizings are consistent throughout our portfolios to having an appropriate table cloth, it seems that the list of things to do is never getting shorter. Nonetheless, I am really excited for Tuesday night. It will be awesome to finally get a chance to share with friends and family exactly what we have accomplished these past few months in ISM.
One thing I have learned through this is that, in regards to ISM, I should always allot myself more time than I thought I initially needed. Considering the fact that my display board took well over 5 hours, it is safe to say that professionalism and neatness comes at a cost. But, in the end, I am proud of what I created.
Although my mentor will not be able to come to Research Showcase, I am planning on meeting with him this coming Friday. One of the two big projects I need to accomplish throughout the course of this year is Original Work. When I had talked to Dr. Weprin on the phone, he had suggested doing a study on the cases of hydrocephalus and their correlation to certain demographics, such as abused children or children with brain tumors. Initially, I had wanted to do something related to hydrocephalus, but I had never thought about the perspective that Dr. Weprin had suggested. Hopefully when I meet with him on Friday, we will be able to decide on a concrete idea.

Sarah