font-family: "Bookman Old Style", serif;

A Month Away?!

With Final Presentation Night just around a month away, things are getting intense and quite quickly. I have been hard at work on my Final Product, which is going to be a book that explains hydrocephalus to young children. I think the hardest part of this project will be illustrating it because conveying the information in a simplistic manner should not be too difficult but presenting it in an engaging manner is the challenge.

So far, I have been able to see quite a few surgeries and it amazes me how the thrill of surgery never dies down. Perhaps one of the most vivid memories I have is when I was able to see a Myelomeningocele procedure. This is one of the most pristine and precise surgeries I have ever seen in that there was not a lot of blood loss and the maneuvers utilized by the surgeons were very exact. To add on to the intensity of the surgery, it was preformed on a baby that was only a day old!

Looking ahead, there a many things to get down. From finalizing the guest list to sending out invitations to making sure that I have my speech ready to go, the next few weeks will truly test my endurance and stress thresholds. 

Sarah