font-family: "Bookman Old Style", serif;

It's Crunch Time

Creating a children's book is something that is much easier said than done. After putting it off for quite some time, I finally got around to sitting down and writing out my story. Once I got going, it was not too difficult but I will say that writing in such a manner that is not only engaging to a young child but also relatively informative requires some creativity. I have finished the rough draft of my book (You can read it here) and am currently in the process of getting it edited and illustrated. I myself am not artistically gifted and so I will be outsourcing the illustration part to a family member. Beyond that, these next few weeks will be intense. AP exams are approaching quite quickly and in addition to studying for those, I also need to be working on my ISM project. I am thinking about potentially expanding my original idea from just a book to a more diverse awareness campaign. Permitting that time allows, perhaps I will create an interactive website, or an informative brochure, or a graphic poster -- something that will target an older audience. But, I will only be able to focus on that after I finish with this book and exams. This week, I hope to visit my mentor and round with him on the neuro-oncology visits. I personally enjoy patient visits quite a bit because it is a completely different aspect of a doctor's life in that I get to experience more of the relationship part of working as a pediatric physician. I also need to finish passing out my invitations, finalize my program, and proof my binder. Seems like the list of things to do seems to be getting longer and longer as the amount of time I have to get it down gets shorter and shorter. We are in that final stretch and the effort I put in now will surely pay off in the long run.

Sarah