font-family: "Bookman Old Style", serif;

Sleepless Nights


15 hours. To some, that is just a number. But for me, that is the total amount of sleep I got last week between Monday and Friday. Even if you are not brilliant at math, that averages out to three hours of sleep a night. In perspective, I got more sleep during my junior year of high school, which is supposedly the hardest year. Everyone said senior year would be very relaxed and stress-free. Needless to say, this past week proved otherwise.
However, to be completely fair, I think majority of my friends in ISM also faced an unprecedented amount of sleep last week. Original Work, which some might consider a mini Final Product, was due on Friday. Though this project had been assigned months in advance, many of us mistakenly made the choice of waiting until the last week to even begin working on it. Originally, I had planned on doing a statistical analysis of the growth of tumors. But because of some unforeseen difficulties, I decided to shift my topic to a more missional topic: global surgery.
I have mentioned this in previous posts, but in regards to my career, I am more interested in pursuing something along the lines of medical missions. However, what exactly is the need? Is it providing treatment for diseases such as HIV and Malaria? Or, is it developing proper healthcare systems? Is it surgery? These are just a few of the questions I researched more thoroughly in my Original Work.
Though it took an incredible amount of effort and numerous sleepless nights in a row, I am proud of the work that I completed.
To see my final report, click here.

Sarah