font-family: "Bookman Old Style", serif;

"Mommy, I feel like I have two mommies"


In the midst of Chiara malformation resection, one might imagine pin-drop silence and complete and absolute concentration. But instead, I find myself surrounded by light-hearted, but meaningful conversations. Dr. Price, who is the only female pediatric neurosurgeon in Dallas, is someone I would arguably consider "Super Woman." In addition to being a pediatric neurosurgeon, she's a single mom and has adopted a daughter from China. It amazes me how, in the middle of her incredibly hectic life, she found to not only have a family, but raise them. Every time I stand in her operating room, I always hear stories about her children and the latest going on in her life - whether it be about her favorite cabinet in her kitchen, or how her daughter is learning how to cook or the flowers she is planning on planting in her garden. But beyond that, I truly appreciate how Dr. Price always takes time to truly teach me and explain to me what exactly is going on. In this last visit, I had the privilege of being able to see a Chiara malformation. I have said this over and over but the difference between researching about a particular disease and seeing it in person is truly mind-blowing. To read more about my experience, click here.

Sarah