font-family: "Bookman Old Style", serif;

Finally!

This past Thursday I was able to meet with my mentor for the first time and with confidence I can say that I am truly looking forward to the rest of this semester. Initially I was a little bit discouraged because I have had my mentor since November but due to schedule conflicts and various other reasons, there were many times when our meetings had to be canceled. The fact that I had not met with my mentor since November combined with the extremely close deadline for Original Work had me quite worried -- especially since my Original Work was heavily dependent on information that only my mentor could give me. There was actually a moment when I considered changing my Original Work because it did not seem that I would have access to the necessary information in time to complete what I had initially planned for Original Work. But, it all worked out and it is safe to say that I am quite relieved. We made a few adjustments to what my mentor had originally proposed because that idea was quite extensive and required me to go through a vast amount of research to something that was a little more doable. Rather than researching all demographical aspects, I am choosing to focus on how many of each type of hydrocephalus was treated in the time span between 2013 and 2014. I have about one week left to go through all the data and compile it into a presentable and professional manner, but the fact that I am finally able to get started on this project has me motivated. After meeting with my mentor, I feel more at ease about what is to come and cannot wait to see what the rest of this semester holds!

Sarah