font-family: "Bookman Old Style", serif;

Getting Back to Work...

After a long, but well-deserved, winter break, it was exciting to come back to school and get started on my mentorship again. After a few canceled meetings and no response from my mentor, it is safe to say that I am starting to feel a little frustrated. With Original Work due in just a few weeks, it is quite stressing when I realize that I have not yet once met with my mentor. However, if anything, this is teaching me how to be patient and aware that as a pediatric neurosurgeon, he is probably very busy. I trust that he will make time for me, but getting the ball rolling proves to be a little harder than I initially imagined.

This past week, we worked on 2 things mainly. To start of the New Year well, I came up with a list of S.M.A.R.T. goals and this list included things that were related to ISM as well as other priorities. Initially, I felt that the assignment was pointless but after finishing my list, I realized that I have a lot to accomplish. It was a little daunting but as I began to ponder upon my list and figure out ways in which I could meet each goal, I began to understand the underlying purpose of this assignment. When you physically write down everything that you wish to do, you are forced to think about how you are going to do, when it will be done by, what your expectations are, and various other things. To some this can be overwhelming, but in general, when you have to think about the goals that you set in life, you come to the conclusion that it is completely possible - if you are willing to put in a little work and effort towards it that is.

Sarah