font-family: "Bookman Old Style", serif;

Sign of Things to Come...

This past week in ISM has been kind of a lull. With Original Work due in just a few weeks, other students in my class have begun researching and surveying but I have absolutely no idea where to begin or how to start since my idea for Original Work is dependent on access to case files (which I have not gotten yet). This is somewhat frustrating but it has given me an idea of how procrastination in this class will only come back to haunt me. If I put off till the last second, I know I will be stressed out, scrambling to finish my project, and ultimately unable to produce quality work. My meeting with my mentor is scheduled for next week and hopefully once I meet with him, I will be able to get the ball rolling and start on my project. Initially I had planned on researching the demographics of hydrocephalus but seeing how the deadline for my project is very soon, I might have to change this to something that is a little bit more practical.
If there is one thing that I have learned this week it is that this next semester is not going to be easy. Getting an idea for Original Work was difficult enough, and carrying to completion seems to be even more difficult. I can only imagine how challenging Final Product will be. But, in a sense, this challenge is more encouraging than it is deterring. I am excited for what lies ahead because I know that it is going to push me to new extremes, force me to be creative, and to take initiative.

Sarah