font-family: "Bookman Old Style", serif;

Did I Really Do That?

This past has been insanely stressful as we had to finish our Original Work. After meeting with Dr. Weprin the week before, we finalized what exactly I should do for Original Work and together we decided that perhaps the most feasible and doable option was to categorize and analyze the types of hydrocephalus cases treated over the span of one year. Naturally, I was excited to get started working, but I will admit, that it was a lot more tedious than I initially imagined. The raw data that Dr. Weprin gave me was essentially just a bunch of codes and numbers. By looking at that information, I had absolutely no idea what it meant or if there was any significance to it. Dr. Weprin soon gave me a key and after that I was able to categorize them a little more, but even then, one type of hydrocephalus case would be assigned to multiple code numbers making the data still not entirely easy to analyze. So, I had to go one step further and sort the codes and cases by type. Finally, I was done. With the data organization. From there, I had to analyze the data and so I looked for numerical trends to see if there was a certain month or time period that saw more hydrocephalus cases than others. I also look to see which type of hydrocephalus was most common and which was least common. However, I could not just hand in a bunch of numbers and graphs and so I compiled all the information into a presentable document (28 pages!) and turned it in. Although I may not have gotten any sleep the night before turning it in, I can honestly say that I am extremely proud of what I have accomplished and this whole experience only makes me more excited for Final Product.

Sarah