font-family: "Bookman Old Style", serif;

Great Beginnings 2.0

It is crazy to think that it about a year has passed since I first began my journey in ISM last year. I've not only learned so much about the field of pediatric neurosurgery, but also about myself. As I begin again this year, there are so many questions running through my head. How will this year compare to last year? Will it not live up to the experience I had and leave me disappointed? Or will it surpass any expectation I may have had and absolutely amaze me? What will I do for Original Work? Or, Final Product? Because I am going through this entire journey once again, it's slightly different -- I know, or at least have a small idea, of what the end will look or feel like. And because of that, some might argue that there really isn't a point in going through it all again. But, I can't help but remember my quote from last year. "It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end" How true these words are. ISM is about the experience, the growth, the lessons, the friendships and the memories. So much more than just a class or a project, it's about discovering who you are and what you're passionate about. So yes, I'm worried and scared and completely unsure about how this year will turn out. But, I am confident of one thing -- at the end of this we will all look back and once again be amazed with how far we have come.

Sarah