font-family: "Bookman Old Style", serif;

Business Symposium

And now comes the time when things really start going by quickly in ISM. This past Friday was Business Symposium - a huge networking opportunity for many ISM students. Essentially this an event where all the ISM students come together and are able to interact and talk with about 90+ professionals from various career paths. This is the event that we start preparing for from day one. From learning how to shake a hand to creating a resume - almost everything we have done in ISM has been directly or indirectly preparing us for this particular day. However, after going through this twice, I will say that there are some students who benefit from this far more than others. Personally speaking, I am not sure that I was able to get a lot of useful contacts within my fields. Other students however were able to get a lot of contacts. At first this was a little disheartening but I soon realized that though I might not have been able to find that many medical professionals, I still gained invaluable experience. I had been able to practice interviewing skills, get critiques regarding my resume, and even meet ISM students from other schools. At the same time, I know that things are about to start flying by. Topic Proposals. Original Work. Display Boards. Research Showcase. Interviews. Mentor Visits. All of it is coming up within the next few months and needless to say, I am beyond excited.

Sarah