font-family: "Bookman Old Style", serif;

Falling in Love All Over Again


Last Tuesday, I had the privilege of going to visit Dr. Weprin and from our conversation, I am so excited for the upcoming year. When I initially went in, Dr. Weprin actually offered for me to stay the entire day and shadow him and as much as I wanted to say yes, I had to say no -- but the thought of me being able to spend part of the next few months at Children's and shadowing doctors and seeing surgeries made me extremely happy. We talked a little bit about my upcoming projects for the year and some of the possibilities include researching the growth of tumors, something that has been down in adults but never in pediatrics. Dr. Weprin also is going to help get me interviews with other doctors such as orthopedic surgeons and plastic surgeons. From our brief visit, I am quite motivated to get back into the practice of going on weekly mentor visits and being able to once again experience what it is like to be working in the medical field. A huge part of these past few months were spent repeating things that I had done last year and in some regards, it was quite discouraging to go through it all again. But from my visit, I have remember why we do everything that we do - because it is all preparing us for this mentorship that is truly incredible.

Sarah